Emmabuntus Team is pleased to announce the release of the new Emmabuntüs Debian Edition 2 1.05 (32 and 64 bits) on 02nd Aug, 2019.
It’s based on Debian 9.9 stretch distribution and featuring the XFCE desktop environment.
This is a lightweight distribution, which was designed to run on older computers.
This distribution was originally designed to facilitate the reconditioning of computers donated to humanitarian organizations, starting with the Emmaüs communities.
As well as to extend the lifespan of computer hardware in order to reduce the waste induced by the over-consumption of raw materials.
This update got some of the improvements that was implemented in Emmabuntüs DE 3 RC release, which is based on Debian 10 Buster.
It reduced ISO image size by the rationalization of the current software, and the removal of unsupported languages.
This version brings some new fixes, like the improvement in the dark/light theme handling, support of the language and localization in live mode, etc.
Emmabuntus DE2 1.05 Changes:
- Based on Debian 9.9 Stretch
- Added Redshift
- Added the ClipIt utility
- Added the management of a dark or light theme
- Added support for languages and localization in the GRUB live mode
- Fixed automatic partitioning issue during installation
- Fixed the disconnection by user change, within the XFCE action buttons
- Fixed boot UEFI mode under VMWare Workstation
- Updated of HPLip 3.19.6, Multisystem 1.0432, TurboPrint 2.48-2, Firefox ESR 60.8.0
Emmabuntus DE2 1.05 Download Link: