GIMP 2.10.12 is mostly a bug fix release, which fixes list of bugs that are reported after release of GIMP 2.10.10.
It’s happened due to lot of changes that were implemented in GIMP 2.10.10.
However, some very cool improvements are also added in this release. The notable things are added below.
Improvements and features in GIMP 2.10.12:
- Improved Curves tool
- Layers support for TIFF exporting
- Support for user-installed fonts on Windows
- Faster painting
- Improved symmetry painting support
- Incremental mode in the Dodge/Burn tool
- Free Select tool now creates a preliminary selection
- New Offset tool
Notable fixed Bugs:
Many bugs were fixed, some more severe than others (in particular a few crashes), as well as some code cleaning, factorization, and so on. The usual deal!
Among most pesky bugs fixed:
- crashes for various reasons, with more crashes to fix yet;
- various color management related bugs;
- unwanted change of foreground and background colors in tools’ presets;
- brush transformation improved and fixed in various places in symmetry painting mode;
- a few localization bugs, and most importantly broken translation display for several supported languages (so far, we believe it to be a bug in the Pango dependency);
- some brush format bugs;
And more. GIMP 2.10.12 is the result of about 200 commits in 2 months!
The team is working on upcoming GIMP 3 development and it’s going well. We can get more news soon from them.