openSUSE Leap 15.0 reaches the end of life on November 30, 2019. openSUSE Leap 15.0 reaches the end of its support after 1.5 years of life.
openSUSE Leap 15.0 is based on SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) 15 resources, released May 25, 2018.
- Each Leap Major Release (42, 15, etc.) is expected to be maintained for at least 36 months, until the next major version of Leap is available.
- A Leap Minor Release (42.1, 15.1, etc.) is expected to be maintained for at least 18 months.
openSUSE Leap 15.0 receives no security updates or maintenance after that date.
Users who are still using OpenSUSE Leap 15.0 are advised to upgrade to the current release, OpenSUSE Leap 15.1, which was released on May 22, 2019.
Refer the following article to know what’s new in openSUSE Leap 15.1
Upcoming openSUSE Leap Release:
openSUSE Leap 15.2 is planned to be released May 2020, based on SLE 15 SP2
There are no plans to release an openSUSE Leap 42.4. Leap 42.3 will be maintained until June 2019.
Development Schedule for Leap 15.2:
- February 2020: Beta phase
- April: RC phase, package freeze (tentative)
- May 3rd: translation deadline for packages (tentative)
- May 4th: final package submission deadline (tentative)
- May: translation deadline for infrastructure (tentative)
- May: Release