Pine Microsystems, Inc. is an US-based company which designs, manufactures and sells single-board computers and low-end notebook computers with low cost.
What’s Pine A64?
Their first product was the Pine A64, a single-board computer which is the best alternative device for Raspberry Pi.
The device cost just $15, it’s gained a lot of popularity because of its performance and price.
Pine64 was launched Pinebook in April 2017. Pinebook is a lightweight and low cost Linux notebook, which is based on the Pine A64 single board computer and it costs 89 or 99 USD for the 11,6″ and 14″ model respectively.
It is very lightweight and comes equipped with a full-sized keyboard and large multi-touch trackpad. It runs numerous mainline Linux distributions as well as *BSDs and Android.
What’s Pinebook Pro?
After success of Pine A64 and Pinebook, Pine64 was announced the PineBook Pro in July 2019. Pinebook Pro is a Powerful, Metal and Open Source ARM 64-Bit Laptop, which comes with an improved specifications like Rockchip RK3399 SOC with Mali T860 MP4 GPU, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 1080p IPS Panel, etc,.
The Pinebook Pro costs $199.99 with additional shipping charges.
pine64 team have announced that the Pinebook Pro Pre-Orders are open to everyone starting from August 25th.
It’s for public and no special “coupons” or membership criteria are required.
Anyone can buy a Pinebook Pro with $199 (additional shipping charges are applicable).
The first pre-orders are estimated dispatch in October 2019.
If you missed it or it’s sold out don’t worry, the second pre-order window will be available in mid-September.
You can make a order by clicking the below link.
Pinebook Pro LINUX LAPTOP Specifications:
- CPU: 64-Bit Dual-Core ARM 1.8GHz Cortex A72 and Quad-Core ARM 1.4GHz Cortex A53
- GPU: Quad-Core MALI T-860
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4 Dual Channel System DRAM Memory
- Flash: 64 GB eMMC 5.0
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11AC + Bluetooth 5.0
- One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 Type-A Host Ports
- USB 3.0 Type-C ports with alt-mode display out and 15W 5V 3A charge.
- MicroSD Card Slot: 1
- Headphone Jack: 1
- Microphone: Built-in
- Keyboard: Full Size ISO type Keyboard
- Touch-pad: Large Multi-Touch Touchpad
- Power: Input: 100~240V, Output: 5V3A
- Battery: Lithium Polymer Battery (10000mAH)
- Display: 14.1″ IPS LCD (1920 x 1080)
- Front Camera: 2.0 Megapixels
- Power Supply included
- Dimension: 329mm x 220mm x 12mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 1.26 kg (2.78 lbs)
- Warranty: 30 days