Eben Upton announced the new version of Raspberry Pi 4 on 24th June, 2019, which is based on Debian 10 Buster.
Raspbian OS is an official Raspberry Pi operating system based on the popular Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
Raspberry Pi 4 is now on sale, starting at $35 and the price will be increasing based on the memory options. But still, the price continues to start at same cost like other earlier models.
This is a comprehensive upgrade, and they had polished every element of the platform, which claim to be the fastest and users will be getting a performance like a PC for the first time.
This single board computer gets a major performance boost. Also, supports dual monitor.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Specifications:
- A 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (~3× performance)
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Full-throughput Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
- Dual monitor support, at resolutions up to 4K
- VideoCore VI graphics, supporting OpenGL ES 3.x
- 4Kp60 hardware decode of HEVC video
- Complete compatibility with earlier Raspberry Pi products
What are the memory options available in Raspberry Pi 4?
This is the first time they are offering a choice of memory capacities in Raspberry Pi series. Refer the following table for price structure.
New features in Raspberry Pi 4:
- Raspberry Pi 4 board looks very similar to earlier models, which cost you $35.
- Power connector has moved from USB micro-B to USB-C.
- To support dual monitor, they’ve replaced the type-A (full-size) HDMI connector with a pair of type-D (micro) HDMI connectors.
- Raspberry Pi 4 is shipped based on the forthcoming Debian 10 Buster release.
- This brings updated application and extensively modernised user interface.
- They have replaced the legacy graphics driver stack with Mesa “V3D” driver. It brings many benefits, including OpenGL-accelerated web browsing and desktop composition, and the ability to run 3D applications in a window under X.
New Raspberry Pi 4 accessories:
They had worked with multiple manufacturers and brought the some useful accessories for Raspberry Pi 4.
- Raspberry Pi 4 Case comes with two-part (Top layer and bottom layer) – $5.
- It can be used for older models as well. To do so, you need remove the plastic fins on the right-hand side.
- Raspberry Pi 4 USB-C Power Supply – $8.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Official Power Supply can be converted from USB micro-B to USB-C using a new adapter – $1.
- Raspberry Pi 4 micro HDMI Cables – $5.
- Raspberry Pi 4 Desktop Kit – $120.
|Accessories Details||Retail Price|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Case||$5|
|Raspberry Pi 4 USB-C Power Supply||$8|
|Raspberry Pi 3 Power Supply converter adapter||$1|
|Raspberry Pi 4 micro HDMI Cables||$5|
|Raspberry Pi 4 Desktop Kit (All together)||$120|
What’s Raspberry Pi 4 Desktop Kit?
They’re offering a complete Desktop Kit, which brings all of this together and costed you $120.
- A 4GB Raspberry Pi 4
- An official case
- An official PSU
- An official mouse and keyboard
- A pair of HDMI cables
- A copy of the updated Beginner’s Guide
- A pre-installed 16GB microSD card